[ QUOTE ]
Of course you're using this year as your basis, what would it have been several other years?
The biggest thing most people have said that even that isn't a fix.
I know I, and others have said, its bad that a 6-4 Clintwood team goes this year, while what 8-2 ones have sat home before.
[/ QUOTE ]
I used this year since this is the year before it may take place and for the simple fact that it had not been talked about until this season.
I played on a 8-2 team that had to sit at home for the playoffs too. The competition in our region was just tougher than in other years - same goes for Clintwood and this year. The competition wasn't as tough as in past years as it was when Clintwood finished 8-2. Even in the NFL there could be years that a divisional champion could have a poor record - worse than other divisional champions and still make the playoffs. You'll never satisfy everyone. I guess the point I am trying to make is that under this possible re-alignment/reclassification scenario, every year you will have at least 14 teams vying for 2 playoff positions in Division 1 in football - and maybe at times 13 teams vying for just one. There will be more whining and crying in our area in the future if this does take place than there happens to be now.



Bookmarks